1/2 cup dry USA lentils, rinsed
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup instant brown rice
4 large mushrooms (about 4 oz)
3/4 cup pitted black olives
3/4 chopped onion
1/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup shredded monzerella cheese
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp white ground pepper
* Combine lentils and water. Cook lentils untill tender.
* Cook brown rice according to pkg dirctions.
* Transfer lentils to food processer and pulse just untill lentils break apart slightly. Then add mushrooms and olives in food processer untill finely chopped.
* Transfer to a mixing bowl with all other ingredients and mix.
(I mix all the ingredients together first and then throw about 1/2 of the mix in the blender, because it seems easier).
* Form each 1/2 cup of mixture into a 4-inch patty and transfer patties to a frying pan. Use Olive Oil for cooking the patties.