Here is my “spruced up” hallway.
There are so many great ideas on how to beautify a hallway.
Everyone loves some board and batten.
I personally love Classy Clutter’s stripped hallway.
…..and a tasteful picture collage is always a good way to go!
When we moved in the hallway looked like this…
Pretty bleak huh? …and the previous owners had four dogs. It didn’t smell pretty.
With a little paint and trim it now looks like this…
Here is a list of our improvements:
1. We painted all the old doors and scrubbed/chipped the paint off all old hardware and door handles. The door handles were vintage, dating back to the 40′s and I really liked them, and decided to keep them.
2. We painted the ceiling. Ceiling tiles are not my fave thing, but it was most likely an asbestos ceiling and I didn’t want to mess with it. Painting it actually made it look fairly decent.
3. We added recessed lighting. The hallway used to have florescent lights. We hired a electrician to put in all of the recessed lighting in the house. It really did make it look more updated.
4. I added some bling hardware to the push door. This push door had a shinny gold door handle….not my favorite thing.
This is the new jewelry on the door.
5. I painted all the walls with a light blue paint. I had a hard time finding what I wanted and ended up mixing two different blue of paints together.
6. I added some decor….
If you haven’t seen the tutorial on this pantry door I turned into a picture frame, you can see my tutorial HERE.
7. I added baseboard and quarter round. I think this really accentuates the long lines of a hallway.
8. I also added faux trim. Well, the stuff on top is real, and there is a little bit of trim about 2 inches down, and the rest in between is painted. You can see my tutorial HERE.
9. I’m not even sure what I was going to put for #9. Even though it’s not in the right spot, I guess I’ll talk about that wall of closets! It is ESSENTIAL…. because we don’t have a garage. I have my pantry, my camping stuff, my holiday decor and ….
my beloved sewing space in this closet wall.
You can obviously hold a lot in one of these!
10. We put in new flooring. That carpet had to go!
So that is it.
Downstairs hallway complete! I think we painted the walls 4 yrs ago. Nothing like doing the details the last minute!