We are loving our porch space this summer! Best room in the house for sure!
(that could be because we don’t have AC inside.)
I wanted to show you how I took some basic clearance Christmas lights, and turned them into Pendant Banner Porch Lights.
I LOVE string lights this summer. They are festive, fun and give a lot of light to a space, but they are pretty expensive!
I bought some typical green-chorded Christmas lights years ago, and figured with some paint, they would make good string lights.
I was right!
With some white paint, they were perfect. Then I added some pendants! Easy and sooo inexpensive!
So, here’s the scoop on the How To!
1. Take the bulbs out of your string of lights and shove some toilet paper in their spot.
2. Spray paint your string to the color of your choice (I choose white because I didn’t want the business of a sting showing on the porch. I wanted them to blend with the white ceiling as much as possible). If you had a funky space, it would be fun to paint them a fun color!
3. The spray paint probably won’t completely cover the string color, so take some paint and a foam brush and touch-up any spots that were missed with the spray paint.
4. Once dry, put the bulbs back in and hang them.
For the pendents:
1. Cut triangles. I used scrap material (I love using up scrap material). I made a triangle out of a cereal box and just traced it on the material and cut.
2. I wanted the patterned pendants to have material showing on both sides, so I used material spray glue to spray the material together, then cut it out. I figured this would take care of any fraying problem too.
3. Then I just used straight pins to pin them on the lights! (don’t pin through the wire)
Can you see the pins? Barely right?
This way you could change them out seasonally if you wanted.
I hung my lights back and forth three times. Then I hung four pendants on each side. Hanging pendants over the entire light string seemed WAY too busy for this porch (it’s pretty busy as it is).
Now you can make your own inexpensive Pendant String Lights!
Hope you are all doing well!
Miss Mustard Seed, My uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, French Country Cottage, Common Ground, Thrifty Decor Chick , Funky Junk Interiors, DIY Show Off, Home Stories A to Z, Work it Wednesday, Creatively Living, Tatertotandjello, Inspiration Gallery, My love 2 Create, Classy Clutter, I Heart Nap Time, It all Started with Paint, Whimsy Wednesday, Live Laugh Rowe, Jennifer Rizzo, The Shabby Nest, Tidy Mom , 36TH Avenue,Inspire Me Please, Creative Connection, Six Sisters Stuff, Tip Junkie, Embracing Change, Inspire Me Tuesday, Twirl and Take a Bow ,Chic on a Shoestring, It’s Overflowing, Inspire Me Monday, The Handmade Hangout