I love holiday food.
…and Christmas holiday food is the best!
I wanted to come up with a recipe for holiday parties and possible gifts, and what could be more fitting than truffles?
I was debating about what kind of truffles to make when I came across these new chocolate chips from Nestle Toll House called Delightfulls.
Basically these are a chocolate chip filled with all sort of awesomeness. You can choose from caramel, peanut butter, cherry, or mint filling.
So I went for the caramel and cherry filled morsels and tweaked a couple of truffle recipes to get these delicious Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles.
Now….believe it or not, I’m no baker! I don’t even really like baking. I just thought it would be fun to bring some sort of fancy looking food to parties and to give away to friends and neighbors.
I was pretty surprised how easy these truffles were! I made some homemade caramel to go on top (next time I’m probably just buy the store squirt kind), but the rest was fairly simple.
Caramel Chocolate Truffles
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg Nestle Toll House Delightfulls Filled Morsels …for this recipe use caramel
8 oz Dark chocolate
Course Sea Salt for garnish
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Mix granulated sugar with 2 tbsp of water and heat until dissolved.
3. Add vanilla extract and let boil until golden brown.
4. Remove from heat and stir in Nestle Toll House Delightfulls and keep stirring until mixture in even and thick.
5. Add 2 tsp of sea salt
6. When cooled, scoop out of pan and roll into balls. Place on the parchment paper and stick in the freezer for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, heat dark chocolate until smooth.
8. Cover the truffle balls with the dark chocolate. one by one.
9. When covered,drizzle caramel on top and quickly sprinkle sea salt on the caramel. Place back on parchment paper, and then into the fridge.
That’s it! After cooling they will be ready to serve, or box them up and gift them!
I love the Nestle Toll House Delighfulls because they give a fun and unexpected flavor without being overwhelming.
After-all, who doesn’t like finding yummy filling in a chocolate chip?!
I’m excited to use the cherry filled Delightfulls next.
I found mine at Target, but they are at most grocery stores.
Thanks to Nestle Toll House for supporting this post.